Marine Chemistry Technician
OSIL produce a range of high accuracy calibration standard reference materials that are used in oceanographic laboratories worldwide. IAPSO Standard Seawater is the only internationally recognised standard for Practical Salinity. Nutrient reference solutions and low nutrient seawater are used to calibrate analysers measuring phosphate, silicate, nitrate and nitrite.
This is an exciting position for an experienced Technician looking to join a small company specialising in marine scientific products and services. The job is based at our facility near to Portsmouth, UK.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for the production and testing of marine calibration standards for salinity and nutrients. From bulk material to final product testing and calibration, you will have an excellent understanding of high precision laboratory techniques including the use of analytical balances (to 5 decimals), salinometers and spectrophotometers. Other duties will include handling customer enquiries, sample analyses and training personnel in salinity measurement. The ability to work in a small, specialised team is essential as is adaptation to additional job responsibilities as they arise.
The idea candidate will have a chemistry background with a good understanding of seawater salinity and nutrients. You should have at least 2 years laboratory experience.
What we offer
OSIL offers a dynamic team-based working environment in an exciting and developing market, as well as the long-term potential for you to develop your skills and career. Salary for this position is negotiable and dependent on experience. OSIL also offers 25 days annual leave.
Please apply via e-mail to email@example.com including your CV.
No agencies please.
Internal Sales Executive
OSIL is a leading manufacturer of bespoke oceanographic equipment for offshore and coastal applications into the environmental, engineering, subsea & defence markets. Operating in a global market from our UK base, we offer metocean & sampling solutions through cost-effective, high quality and technically advanced equipment.
Owing to continued growth we are seeking to add an additional Internal Sales person to the team at OSIL.
The purpose of the Internal Sales position is to assist the sales teams in the day-to-day sales administration, enquiry handling, CRM entry and processing of purchase orders through contract review. To represent the sales team in the contract review process, ensuring all relevant job information is passed over to production, liaising with the customer for approvals and invoicing. To produce job costings, quotations and proposals I support of the sales function and follow up ongoing enquiries to successful order.
- To own the sales order process representing the sales team in the order review process, ensuring all relevant job information is passed to production, liaising directly with the customer for approvals
- Support the sales teams with their administration, processing new enquiries, raising quotation numbers and tracking opportunities on the CRM
- Maintain the CRM and order tracking ensuring all are updated as appropriate
- Process and route sales enquiries liaising with the customer to understand their requirements and assist the sales team in to generate quotations, assist in the preparation of commercial and technical proposals and tenders
- Liaise with production / engineering and procurement departments to establish a solution that is fully costed with a lead-time
- Work with the sales team, agents, distributors and end clients to close the order
- Support the Customer Services function as appropriate with regards to resolving commercial or technical issues
- Undertake any reasonable duties specified by the Management Team when required
Desired work ethics:
- You will respond innovatively to our customers’ current and future needs
- You will be entrepreneurial and think creatively to solve difficult problems
- You will challenge conventional thinking and find better way
- You will create relationships based on trust and fairness
- You will collaborate by listening respectfully and speaking honestly
- You will go above and beyond, delivering exceptional results to all stakeholders
- You will take pride in making a positive impact and making the right decisions quickly
Desired work skills:
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Highly organised
- Attention to detail
- Excellent customer service and sales skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Willing to learn and develop knowledge and skills
- IT Literate – Word, Excel, Sage, CRM
- Technical/ engineering understanding – Knowledge of oceanographic equipment or a background in an engineering / technical company would be a distinct advantage
You will be working with the sales team and reporting to the Applications Manager on a day to day basis you will combine technical knowledge and work with customers from diverse marine science and industry sectors globally to develop the most suitable solution to their requirement.
What We Offer
OSIL operates a dynamic, team-based working environment within an exciting and developing market, providing long-term potential for you to develop your skills and career. Salary for this position will be dependent on experience. OSIL also offers 25 days annual leave, pension scheme, life assurance.
Please submit CV & covering letter to Jodie Grace (Jodie.firstname.lastname@example.org)
Job Type: Permanent, full-time position
OSIL are always interested to receive applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals.
C7/C8 Endeavour Business Park