OBS501 Turbidity Probe with Antifouling
The OBS501 combines a backscatter sensor (better at measuring high turbidity) with a second sidescatter sensor (better at measuring lower turbidity). This SDI-12 probe uses digital processing.
The OBS501 incorporates the ClearSensor® Antifouling Method to ensure the accuracy of its measurements. The ClearSensor® method uses a shutter/wiper mechanism to protect and clean the optics. This antifouling method also includes a chamber filled with a biocide that continuously leaches out over the optics while the probe is in the closed position.
The OBS501 includes a disposable plastic sleeve that can make clean up a snap, as well as an optional copper sleeve that can provide additional protection, especially in sea water.
- Dual backscatter and sidescatter sensors used to measure turbidity
- ClearSensor® Antifouling Method for better measurements in biologically-active water
- Shutter/wiper mechanism keeps lenses clean
- Refillable biocide chamber prevents fouling
- Disposable plastic sleeve facilitates clean up
- Optional copper sleeve for additional protection, or disposable plastic sleeve facilitates easy cleanup
- SDI-12 and 5V outputs
- Dual Probe: 90° side scatter and backscatter
- Range: 0 to 4000 NTU
- Active & Passive Antifouling: shutter, wiper, biocide, copper, optional removable sleeve
- Accuracy: ±2% of reading or 0.5 NTU (which ever is greater)
- Temperature Range: 0° to 40°C
- Temperature Accuracy: ±0.3°C
- Emitter Wavelength: 850 nm
- Power Requirements: 9.6 to 18 Vdc
- Power Consumption
- Quiescent: <200 µA
- Measurement: <40 mA
- Communication : <40 mA
- Maximum Peak Current: 200 mA for 50 ms when shutter motor starts
- Active Shutter Motor: <120 mA
- Measurement Time: <10 s Outputs: SDI-12 (version 1.3) 1200 bps;RS-232 9600 bps; Analog 0 to 5 Vdc Max.
- Submersion Depth: 100 m (330 ft)
- Dimensions Diameter: 4.8 cm (1.88 in.)
- Length: 27 cm (10.63 in.)
- Weight: 0.59 kg (1.30 lb)
- Maximum Cable Length: > 500 m (1640 ft)
- OBS 501