0.6m Inshore Monitoring Buoy
OSIL’s Inshore Monitoring Buoy is a cheap, quick and easy way to ensure constant and immediate data collection when other systems are out of action, or where an environmental situation requires immediate monitoring (such as the potential release of hydrocarbons).
The buoy is designed for quick deployment in sheltered coastal and inshore areas. Its size and weight make it ideal for one person to handle in the field, and its single point mooring makes for easy deployment and recovery. These data buoys are well suited to mobile dredge plume monitoring as the buoys can be picked up and re-positioned wherever dredging activity is taking place.
Manufactured using a rotationally moulded polyethylene hull, the Inshore Monitoring Buoy is built with a central structure designed to safely accommodate sensors, such as a multiparameter sonde, turbidity sensor, or similar instrument, while providing protection from collision damage.
The Inshore Monitoring Buoy carries up to four 14W solar panels with battery back up, and a GPRS enabled data logger. Weighing 35 kg and having a total length of 1.8m, this buoy is easy to handle and deploy.
Related Case Study
Dredge Monitoring in Doha New Port Project
- Web connection for automatic data harvesting
- GPRS/GSM Telemetry
- Data can be transmitted to mobile devices, vessels, or remote users
- Can be equipped with a range of sensors to suit requirements.
- Total Length 1.8m
- Diameter 55cm
- Net Buoyancy 60kg
- Solar Panels 4 x 14W
- Met (Wind speed & direction, Temperature, Barometric Pressure, Humidity, Precipitation, Visibility, PAR)
- Water Quality (CTD, DO, pH, Turbidity, Chlorophyll A, BGA, PCO2, TSS)
- Oceanographic (Current speed & direction, Wave height & direction)
- Additional sensors can be incorporated, please contact us for details.
- OSIL Inshore Monitoring Buoy Download pdf