1.2m Coastal Monitoring Buoy (Tern)
The Tern data buoy is designed for extended deployment in harsh coastal environments in deeper water depths, and is suitable for all applications, including scientific studies, water quality monitoring, coastal engineering projects, harbour and coastal monitoring, and maritime traffic control.
The buoy system is extremely robust, with all instrumentation and cables held internally, protected by the rugged enclosed top section, which has been designed to minimise damage from the elements or interference. All sensors are secured within a central structure which offers good water flow for water quality sensors, while also providing a very high degree of protection for valuable, sensitive, or delicate equipment. The platform also offers a higher visibility profile, easily seen in high-traffic areas.
The versatile 1.2m platform has approximately 400kg net buoyancy, and is supplied with a range of sensors that can be specified by the customer (including CTD, DO, pH/ORP, Turbidity, Chlorophyll, Rhodamine, current speed/direction, as well as a GPS locator).
All buoys are fitted with solar panels, battery back up, navigation/warning lights (IALA Standard Lamp) and other markings as necessary (St Andrews cross, Internal Radar Reflector etc.).
A range of telemetry options are available (UHF/VHF, GSM, GPRS, Satellite), selected to suit both the location and application requirements.
OSIL provide a complete data telemetry solution, including either desk top or web-based software packages to access the data.
Related Case Study
The Importance of Effective Dredge MonitoringNearly all the major ports and waterways in the world have at some time required new dredging works (capital dredging), as technological developments and the requirement to improve cost effectiveness have lead to larger, more efficient ships, and expanding coastal infrastructure which more recently includes provisions for renewable energy developments.
- Robust Construction
- Rotationally moulded foam filled PE hull
- Modular design for easy transport
- Through hull compartment for safe positioning of equipment
- All cables & instrumentation held internally
- High-visibility profile
- Diameter 1.2m
- Buoyancy 400kg
- Weight 240kg
- Focal Plane 2.3m
- Met (Wind speed & direction, Temperature, Barometric Pressure, Humidity, Precipitation, Visibility, PAR)
- Water Quality (CTD, DO, pH, Turbidity, Chlorophyll A, BGA, PCO2, TSS)
- Oceanographic (Current speed & direction, Wave height & direction)
- Additional sensors can be incorporated, please contact us for details.
- OSIL 1.2m Coastal Monitoring Buoy (Tern) Download pdf