1.75m Metocean Buoy (Gannet)
The Gannet buoy is a versatile instrumentation platform ideally suited for collection and measurement of oceanographic, meteorological and water quality data parameters, and is completely adaptable to any applications' needs.
The system is designed for extended deployment in harsh coastal environments in deeper water depths (up to ~50m, depending on deployment conditions), and is suitable for all applications.
The buoy system is extremely robust, with instrumentation and cables held internally, protected by the rugged enclosed top section, which has been designed to minimise damage from the elements, or external interference.
All sensors are secured within a central structure which offers good water flow for water quality sensors, while also providing a very high degree of protection for valuable, sensitive, or delicate equipment. The platform also offers a higher visibility profile, easily seen in high traffic areas.
All buoys are fitted with solar panels, battery back up, navigation/warning lights (IALA Standard Lamp) and other markings as necessary (St Andrews cross, Internal Radar Reflector etc.).
A range of telemetry options are available (UHF/VHF, GSM, GPRS, Satellite), selected to suit both the location and application requirements.
OSIL provide a complete data telemetry solution, including either desk top or web-based software packages to access the data.
- Robust Construction
- Rotationally moulded foam filled PE hull
- Modular design for easy transport
- Through hull compartment for safe positioning of equipment
- High-visibility profile
- Water quality monitoring
- Scientific Studies
- Coastal engineering
- Maritime traffic control
- Harbour & coastal monitoring
- Diameter: 1.75m
- Buoyancy: 1670kg
- Focal Plane: 3m
- Weight: 650kg
- Met (Wind speed & direction, Temperature, Barometric Pressure, Humidity, Precipitation, Visibility, PAR)
- Water Quality (CTD, DO, pH, Turbidity, Chlorophyll A, BGA, PCO2, TSS)
- Oceanographic (Current speed & direction, Wave height & direction)
- Additional sensors can be incorporated, please contact us for details.
- OSIL 1.75m Metocean Buoy (Gannet) Download pdf