Laboratory Measurement of Salinity
The 2-day Laboratory Measurement of Salinity Workshop covers all aspects of sample handling, salinometer operation and data processing.
We use the industry standard Guildline ‘Autosal’ and ‘Portasal’ salinometers, for which IAPSO Standard Seawater and other seawater samples are provided.
The training is appropriate for personnel at any level of experience with emphasis on individual attention. Our aim is for you to complete this workshop with a comprehensive understanding of all aspects of salinity measurement.
- Salinity – History and definitions
- Using a Salinometer (Autosal & Portasal)
- The IAPSO Standard Seawater Service
- Standardisation and High Precision Measurement
- Applying Linearity Corrections
- Basic Salinometer Maintenance