MaxiMet Compact Weather Station
The MaxiMet range of compact weather stations is designed and manufactured by Gill Instruments. MaxiMet products use reliable, high quality instruments to provide accurate meteorological information in a wide variety of applications.
Temperature, humidity, pressure
A combined instrument mounted inside three double louvered, naturally aspirated radiation shields with no moving parts. The results are high performance across each measurement over long periods of time.
An integrated solar radiation sensor/pyranometer. This highly accurate instrument uses a thermal sensor mounted at its base and protected by a single glass dome to record the amount of light in watts per metre2.
Wind speed and direction measurements are provided via an ultrasonic sensor and the addition of an electronic compass provides apparent wind measurements. Average speed and direction together with WMO averages and gust data is also provided. Add GPS (optional) to provide true wind and other features.
The Optical rain gauge supplied provides excellent performance in a low maintenance package. The Optical RG connects via a 20m cable (included).
- Features Low-cost 2-axis ultrasonic wind sensor
- Solid-state – maintenance-free
- 0-60m/s wind speed
- 0-359º wind direction
- Corrosion-free polycarbonate exterior
- NMEA Output
- Ultrasonic Output Rate: 0.25, 0.5, 1, 2, 4 Hz
- Wind Speed: 0-60 m/s
- Wind Direction Range: 0 to 359º (no dead band)
- Operating Temperature: -35ºC to +70ºC
- Moisture Protection: IP65
- External Construction: Luran
- Digital Outputs: RS232 / RS422 / RS485 / SDI-12
- NMEA Output: Yes
- Analogue Outputs: 2 (optional)
- Sonic Temperature Output: No