Mini Vibrocorer (2m)
A simple solution to the problem of sampling dense/compacted sediment from vessels with limited handling capacity.
Not all vessels have the capacity to deploy large sediment coring systems over the stern, so OSIL have developed a miniaturised version of their high power vibrocorer system for easy deployment from vessels of opportunity.
The system can be operated as a standalone battery powered system (with sufficient power to run the vibrocorer continuously for ~4 hours), or can be powered from the vessel supply if available.
- For use in dense/compact sediments in up to 50m water depth.
- Easy to assemble system offering cores of 2m.
- Assemble dockside or on vessel with over stern or side deployment.
- Suitable for a wide range of vessel sizes starting from ~4-5m.
- Vibrator motors engage once unit is on the sea floor to drive the core barrel into the bed.
- Cutting shoe and core catcher specifically designed to minimise sample disturbance.
- Unit designed for easy recovery to the vessel or deployment platform, and easy recovery of the core.
- System can be quickly and easily deployed, delivering a well defined core.
- Carbon steel construction.
- PVC core barrel liner.
- 60.5mm diameter sample.
- Mobile Research Platforms
- Off-grid Sampling
- Pre-site Surveys
- Civil Engineering
- Geochemical Analysis
- Threaded Carbon Steel Barrel
- Anti-return valves
- Core Cutter
- Core Catcher
- Corer Height: 2.75m
- Corer Weight: 75kg
- Vibration Force: 5.72kN
- Core Barrel Length: 2m
- Corer Material: Carbon Steel, PVC core liner
- Core liner ID: 66.5mm
- Control Box Power: 50Ah 24VDC Gel-Cell Rechargeable Battery or vessel supply
- Control Box Weight: 40kg
- Max. working depth: 50m
Features: Power & Control Box
- Self-contained operation
- Waterproof Control Box
- Rechargeable from mains (24VDC to VAC charger included)
- Can be operated from 24VDC 12A vessel supply
- OSIL Mini Vibrocorer Download pdf