- 2 frame sizes available for mounting of larger instruments
- Easy towing with a 5 to 10 meter power boat
- Power 220 / 110 V AC
- Operational depth – surface to 40-60 meters
- GPS data recorded
- Remote undulation control by computer
- Profiling speeds of up to 10 knots
- Auto bottom following and avoidance
- OSIL Hammerhead 2018 Download pdf
The OSIL Hammerhead is an extremely lightweight, remotely controlled towed instrumentation platform designed for use with a wide variety of data collection instruments.
It provides an extremely flexible profiling system for use in estuaries, lakes, rivers, and coastal areas. Hammerhead is easily deployed by 1 person from virtually any size of vessel and performs at a user set depth below the surface, above the seabed or in an undulating pattern between 2 depths down to 40 – 60 m depending on conditions. Suggested towing speeds are in the range of 1 – 10 Kts, typical speeds are 3 – 8 Kts for the average field survey.