Smith McIntyre Grab
The Smith McIntyre Grab is designed to collect ocean sediment with a sampling area of 0.1m sq. This grab is mounted on a stainless steel frame suspended from a pair of lowering cables (bridles) attached to the bucket arms.
Springs activated by a trigger mechanism, released when the foot plates come into contact with the ocean floor, force the bucket jaws into the sediment in order to collect the sample. Safety features have been fitted to the grab to prevent the tripping mechanism from being triggered prematurely. Screens have also been fitted to the tops of the buckets, along with silicone flaps, to prevent sediment from being washed out during retrieval.
- 0.1M sq sampling area.
- Normal deployment weight 107kg.
- Deck space required 900mm x 900mm.
- Operational height requirement 1.3M.
- Manufactured in 316 stainless steel.
- OSIL Smith Mcintyre Grab Download pdf